Friday, October 3, 2008

My Choice

I wear a ring on my left ring finger because I made a choice and a promise, to my parents, to stay pure until marriage.

People ask me why I would do that and they tell me that it's a stupid move. Is the world so far gone that when a girl wants to stay pure, she gets critizied for it? There are girls in my school, some as young as 13 and 14, who are haing sex on a regular basis. I personally don't think that is morally right, but I can't tell them what to do because it's the choice they made. But what really annoys me, is that they tell everyone what they do in explicit details. Please, keep that to yourselves! I tell them to stop, but they just won't. Any suggestions on what I should do?

I wonder if these girls' boyfriends know that their girlfriends are telling their friends about their sex lives. I think that these girls should concentrate on their school work rather than talking about things that should be private.

I have a boyfriend and he is just a sweetheart! He knows about my choice and the promise I made. He understands because he says that is exactly what he wanted (to stay pure until marriage). I thought that I would never find a guy like him, so I had sworn off guys. But then...he came along.

Some people have it in their head that my parents are making me take the promise. At our house, on our 15th birthdays, our parents ask us if we would like to make a covenant with them. We choose to make the promise to stay pure all on our own.

I wish that the girls at my school (and other places too) would just realize that they don't have to have a race to see who has had sex the most. No girl should ever have to feel like they have to use their body and give themselves away for attention. Girls, y'all are beautiful in your own way, and thats what makes us all unique and special.

(That ring in the picture is not my ring.)

2 comments:

Sloppy Firsts Girl said...

You are absolutely right. I happen to agree with every thing you said in you post. Even though I don't wear a ring I have made a choice to wait till I'm married as well. And if seems like I might be the only one in my school that feels that way. I just wish more girls would see how much there worth.
Keep writing, your really good at it.

Ammietia (a girl you once knew) said...

I haven't made a promise like that, but I had considered it for a while. But I figure things will happen the way they will happen, I just won't have sex till I find someone worth it.

Koodos to you, for making the promise though. And it is annoying how people will criticize you for something that is actually a good thing to do. Of course, this is the age where a lot of teens want to have sex and drink and do drugs. You can't tell them that THEY are on the wrong though. They think they know everything >.>